In order to update your Sonaar theme, you must have an active subscription at sonaar.io.
First of all, like any theme's, plugin's or WordPress updates, we recommend doing it on a staging environment first and have a backup copy of your existing site before the update in case something wrong happens. You can check with your hosting provider to make sure they have a backup retention enabled.
1) The best way to update your theme is to go to WP-Admin > Dashboard > Updates. Select Sonaar theme and click "Update Themes". See screenshot: https://d.pr/i/EUHlVt
2) Once the theme is updated, make sure that your required plugin are updated and activated by going to wp-admin > Appearance > Install Plugins.
3) Make sure to clear your browser cache!
* If you are using a WP Multisite or multi-networks and/or you can't see the theme update, you must update the theme manually. See below.
1. Login at sonaar.io/login and go to My Account > Licence Keys > and click View Details and Download and re-download the theme file on your computer.
2. UNZIP the theme file on your computer.
2. Go to Wp-Admin > Appearance > Themes and activate another theme such Twenty Fifteen.
3. Delete the Theme you want to update. (Yeah, it sounds scary, but don't worry. You must delete the theme before re-uploading the same theme).
4. Go to WP-Admin > Appearance > Themes > Add New and Upload sonaar.zip.
5. Activate your theme by clicking the "Activate button".
6. When the theme has been reactivated, go to WP-Admin > Appearance > Install Plugins and click "update" for every plugin that requires an update.
7. Clear your browser cache
8. Clear any cache plugin you are using including server cache (eg: CloudFlare, CDN, Varnish)
- Once the theme is updated, make sure that your required plugin are updated and activated by going to wp-admin > Appearance > Install Plugins.
- Make sure to clear your browser cache (on mobile too)
- Clear any cache plugin you are using including server cache (eg: CloudFlare, CDN, Varnish)